The inaugural Grammarsow poet is Calum Rodger. Calum is a Glasgow-based poet and researcher, working in performance, print and digital media. He performs widely throughout Scotland, including shows with BBC:TheSocial and TEDxGlasgow. His most recent work, Rock, Star, North., presents a poetic travelogue through the game-world of Grand Theft Auto V, and has been performed at the Scottish Storytelling Centre and the Workers Theatre Weekender, among others. He has two pamphlets, Glasgow Flourishes and Know Yr Stuff: Poems on Hedonism, published by small press Tapsalteerie, and holds a PhD in Scottish Literature from the University of Glasgow on the work of ‘avant-gardener’ Ian Hamilton Finlay. Current roles include Co-Director of the Scottish Universities’ International Summer School, tutor in Poetry & Poetics at the University of Glasgow, and positions on the editorial board for Gutter Magazine and All These New Relations. A selection of his work can be found at www.calumrodger.co.uk.
Calum’s Posts and Events:
- PORTS - PORTS, by 2018 Grammarsow poet Calum Rodger, is a pamphlet of classic Twentieth Century poems (including The Nightfishing!) reimagined as video game texts. Handsomely put together by SPAM Press. Available … Continue reading PORTS
- Penwith Hundred - Upon the occasion of WS Graham’s 100th birthday, as the end of the Centenary year edges closer, thoughts on the inaugural Grammarsow. An aim of the project is to in … Continue reading Penwith Hundred
- Falmouth - 6pm - 7:30pm, Sat 15th Sept --- The Vicar's Retreat, The Seven Stars pub, Falmouth --- FREE EVENT Grammarsow poet Calum Rodger will read alongside Andrew Fentham, David Devanny, and … Continue reading Falmouth
- boiok - A new poem by Calum Rodger before he begins his Grammarsow residency. Calum arrives in Cornwall 6th Sept 2018. More on him here: calumrodger.co.uk
- Zennor - 7pm, Weds 12th Sept --- St Senara's Church, Zennor --- FREE EVENT (donations for Church Bell Fund) Grammarsow poet Calum Rodger will read as part of St Ives September Festival. … Continue reading Zennor
- Introducing Calum - The inaugural Grammarsow poet is Calum Rodger. His residency will be in September 2018. Calum is a Glasgow-based poet and researcher, working in performance, print and digital media. He performs widely … Continue reading Introducing Calum